Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laser printer transfer drum

nightjar nightjar@ wrote:
"Dave" wrote in message
I have been given a Panasonic 6100 laser printer and it is putting 3 black
stripes across the page, about one third of the way round the transfer
roller I would reckon. Is there anything I can do, bar buying a new
transfer roller?

With mono laser printers available for as little as £125, it is rarely worth
buying major components for old ones these days.

Colin Bignell

Well maybe and maybe not.

My laserjet 5P is now 20 years old and is still going strong.

I am not sure that a new £125 printer will keep me going another 20 years..

I would FAR rather have a secondhand 5P at £70 or less than new Laser at
£125.