Posted to uk.d-i-y

Default Laser printer transfer drum

Dave wrote:
I have been given a Panasonic 6100 laser printer and it is putting 3
black stripes across the page, about one third of the way round the
transfer roller I would reckon. Is there anything I can do, bar buying a
new transfer roller?

I do a bit for those that can not buy a brand new computer, such as
pensioners and those on low income. I was hoping to pass this onto
someone who is still running Win 98 as it is not recognized in XP.

I notice that the roller should not be exposed to daylight and I suspect
that was what has happened to this printer. Is there a fix for this?

Dave

ps. I posted this in uk.comp. misc and got no replies.

Try comp.misc.peripherals.printers
You need a new drum tho, or a second hand one.

I did a fair bit of research on some printer fault I had, and parts are
available for most machines, second hand ex ebay and other places.
However in the end it looked as cheap to by an old refurbed decent
printer anyway. In my case the problem went away (weird)

Also, my printer (HP laserjet) has the transfer drum as part of the ink
cartridge anyway..you should check this..depending on te spacing of the
(horizontal?) lines it may be the transfer or the fuser drums. These are
all standard parts that all go eventually and all need replacing as part
of a regular maintenance cycle.