Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Graham is offline

Default Laser printer transfer drum

"Dave" wrote in message
I have been given a Panasonic 6100 laser printer and it is putting 3 black
stripes across the page, about one third of the way round the transfer
roller I would reckon. Is there anything I can do, bar buying a new
transfer roller?

I do a bit for those that can not buy a brand new computer, such as
pensioners and those on low income. I was hoping to pass this onto someone
who is still running Win 98 as it is not recognized in XP.

I notice that the roller should not be exposed to daylight and I suspect
that was what has happened to this printer. Is there a fix for this?

Dave

ps. I posted this in uk.comp. misc and got no replies.

The drivers for XP are here
http://panasonic.co.jp/pcc/products/...di/eng-eu.html
However, it sounds like the drum is knackered. I am not familier with this
model,
can you see the surface of the drum? does it have marks that corrospond to
the marks on the paper?