Tony Bryer

Default Conservatory floor/foundation issues

In article ,
Christian McArdle wrote:
I suppose you could get one of those tiny mini mixers in, but it
would take an age to make up the required amount and it couldn't
be done in one pour, so would presumably be very weak.

The limiting factor is how much you can shovel in a day - a bigger
mixer just means fewer larger batches. When I did my foundations I
arranged things so that my Belle Minimix (on swivel stand) was
positioned so as to tip straight into the section being concreted,
and my pile of ballast likewise to go straight into the mixer. You'd
be surprised how much you can do in a day if things are in the right
place.