Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Fridge water line leak

On Apr 3, 3:05�pm, Speedy Jim wrote:
jJim McLaughlin wrote:
I have developed a leak in the waterline to the icemaker in the
refridgerator.

Leak is somewhere in the line between where it comes out of the floor
and where
it goes into the back of the fridge.

I moved the fridge out last Saturday to clean behind it and clean the
floor under it.
Then I rolled it back into place.

Water line has a lot of extra coils of copper so that fridge can be
rolled out and back.

Noticed puddling on the floor next to the fridge last night. *Mopped *it
up. *More puddlig this am,
mopped that up and shut off the valve to the water line.

I'd really prefer not having to go into the crawl space to replace the
entirety of the 1/4 or 3/8 inch
copper line.

Any body have any ideas about so;ldering in (or otherwise connectig up)
a replacement
length of tubing in the back to fix this if the cpper lne is cracked /
droken / etc?

I haven't yet pulled the fridge out again to see if its just an issue
with the compresson fittng.
Thats a job for Saturday, as would any waterlne repair be.

Just looking for suggestions before I *start on tis Saturday AM.

TIA.

* *Surely the copper has not cracked/split.

* *But, if the copper line was not firmly clamped to the fridg,
* *moving the appliance may easily have loosened the compression fitting
* *or, worse, damaged the inlet valve.

* *I think you'll have to wait and see where the damage is before
* *deciding what to do.

Jim- Hide quoted text -

this is why I prefer plastic supply line.......

See what you get for cleaning