Posted to alt.home.repair
mm mm is offline

Default a different? water heater problem?

On 2 Apr 2007 14:49:31 -0700, "
wrote:

if the fitting split then replace it,

All that follows assumes the valve is not the problem and I have to
replace the tank.

if its lkeaking at the fittings the tank is failing, just replace it.

in pennsylvania theres a 7% sales tax on cash and carry

have installed no sales tax.

I read this last night -- thank you -- and then forgot to ask when I
called this morning. Dang.

So I asked other questions and Sears charges 239 for installation, and
removal of the old one is free. But if you don't get installation,
they won't even deliver it! I guess because it is the installer who
does the delivery.

Plus a 22 dollar permit charge in Baltimore Co. and she thought maybe
I need an expansion tank for 80 dollars (although none of the problems
mentioned here have I had.)

Plus there was an added fee of course for a pan underneath, but I
already have one so no fee. That is just the kind of reason I like to
do this stuff myself. I put in extra time to get the length jussst
right, so the pan was just where it should be, and to run a pipe to
the sump, with a right hand turn, behind a warddrobe and file cabinet
full of stuff, and had I had this installed last tiem, I can't imagine
anyone but me -- well would they even connect the pan to the sump or
would that be up to me -- and because of the warddrobe and file
cabinet it would be almost impossible to do when the water heater was
in place.

with your situation might be easier to get installed,rovides muscular
guys for removal.

I'm going to find the thread about cutting the old one in half, and
scooping out the sediment.