Posted to alt.home.repair
AKA Gray Asphalt AKA Gray Asphalt is offline

Default taking care of tools

"James "Cubby" Culbertson" wrote in message
. ..

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
I've got to start taking better care of my tools. CLR got some lime or
whatever it was off of an electric stapler but my T=square is rusted
beyond help. It's a few decades old but when it was my dad's it was
bright and shiny. Is there an oil to put on things like saws clamps which
seem to be taking the worst from the desert weather here?
Thanks again,
: - )

I'm in the desert (NM) too and unless I leave something out and it rains,
stuff just doesn't rust. For my tools however, I do put on just plain
ole Johnson's paste wax. Mostly to keep things slick but it has
prevented rust the few times my tools got wet. For additional protection,
you can check into Boeshield T-9. Pricey but many say it's good stuff.
Cheers,
cc

When I leave stuff in the little workshop in back of my house, things seem
to rust. There isn't any water anywhere near them. Is it the moisture in the
desert air or is it my imagination?

Would liquid wax work as well as paste on the tools to prevent rust?