Posted to alt.home.repair
AKA Gray Asphalt AKA Gray Asphalt is offline

Default taking care of tools

"Steve B" wrote in message

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
I've got to start taking better care of my tools. CLR got some lime or
whatever it was off of an electric stapler but my T=square is rusted
beyond help. It's a few decades old but when it was my dad's it was
bright and shiny. Is there an oil to put on things like saws clamps which
seem to be taking the worst from the desert weather here?
Thanks again,

Hard to imagine that the square would rust in a desert environment unless
you left it outside. That's when I have the most problems with my stuff.
Or, I leave it there with the intention of returning the next day, then
don't. Now, I try to put things up daily. I, too, live in the desert, in
Las Vegas. And yes, stuff rusts or corrodes if you leave it out.

Other than that, I'd just use light oil, like a 5-20 wiped on there, and
bring them in at night or when it rains.

Steve

I live near Vegas. North Las Vegas. : -)