Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default HVLP sprayer what should I buy?

"Robatoy" wrote in message
ups.com...

My guns last a long time because I am so anal about clean-up... right
to disassembling the things after use.

You better know it! You can't get too anal about cleaning your guns. I
still shoot with a couple of 25 year old Binks Model 7's and they perform
flawlessly. It all owes to keeping them clean. For lobbing on the primer,
you just can't beat a Model 7.

By no means am I a Home Depot fan, but I like that gun.
Now, with the cheap addition of a 2-qt pot, I can spray under things
and stand on my head.

Hopefully other wRECkers ( Mike Marlow please) can add to this and
offer us their views on pressurepot-feeding.

I'm really not a very authoritative voice on pressure pots. I don't use
them because they don't fit my needs and because I've got my ingrained
habits/ways of doing things. I use a pot to shoot my house (log home), but
that's not a very comparable use.

What I will add though is my thought that for most people these knock-off
guns are perfectly fine guns. The biggest problem I've seen with most of
them is that often you can't get such things as packing/rebuild kits for
them. I have a DeVilbiss knock-off that is so true to the real DeVilbiss
that I interchange the parts between the knock-off and my DeVilbiss. I
could not get a packing kit for the knock-off so I bought a DeVilbiss kit.
Worked fine, but at $35 for the kit, I really would have been better off
just buying a new knock-off. But... I just couldn't bring myself to throw
out/replace an otherwise perfectly fine gun.

--

-Mike-