Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Kingcosmos Kingcosmos is offline

Default ATX power supply to bench supply conversion

On Apr 2, 1:11 am, Lionel wrote:

Um. What's your actual question? Your colour coding looks correct at a
glance, so you know which voltages should be on which wires. As you
guessed, PG = "power good", so all you need to do it short the grey
wire to a black wire (you can use a 1K resistor if you're feeling
paranoid), & the it'll power up just fine. I have a couple of PC PSUs
set up the same way on my own bench.

--
W "Some people are alive only because it is illegal to kill them."

I guess it is ok; however, every single site I go to does not show
this pin out or color coding for an ATX power supply. Real quick,
Blue is -12V on every site that I have seen...among others.

The question I really wanted to ask concerned the brown wires. Not
sure what they are supposed to be. The board says P/C and F/C. If
shorting the grey wire to ground is all I need to do, I will set that
up and just measure them with a Fluke.