Posted to alt.home.repair
Eigenvector Eigenvector is offline

Default taking care of tools

"cavedweller" wrote in message
ps.com...
On Apr 1, 4:29 pm, "Eigenvector" wrote:

I'd watch the stainless guns. Despite what people think, stainless steel
does corrode, it just doesn't show it like regular blued steel does.
Biggest problem with stainless steel is hydrogen embrittlement. I'm not
trying to scare the hell out of you or something, just pointing out that
washing your guns isn't a good idea. Anyway enough of the lecture.

Interesting. Would you have a reference for the embrittlement
phenomenon in commercial grades of stainless in mildly corrosive
environments?

http://www.azom.com/details.asp?articleID=1177

Well that wasn't hard was it. And that was just a simple Google search,
there are many other references out there of course - but you'll have to
take a trip to the library.