Posted to rec.woodworking
alexy alexy is offline

Default HVLP sprayer what should I buy?

"J. Clarke" wrote:

The Rockler and Woodcraft models are near as I can tell the same.

On those the disadvantages are that there is no air volume control, just
paint volume, the air doesn't shut off when you release the trigger so
they blow things around, and as far as I have been able to tell there's
only the single nozzle size available. While the important bits are
brass the rest is plastic.

Finish quality can be quite good but you have to be more careful with
thinning and may have to dink with it more than with a gun that has
different nozzle sizes available and an air volume control.

FYI, mine (from Rockler) came with an extra, smaller needle/nozzle
set. Nowhere on the packaging or in the instructions was that
mentioned, but it was in there. And I have to thin so much to get good
spra with the standard nozzle, I don't know waht would be thin enough
to spray with the finer one--maybe alcohol soluable dyes?

The rest of your comments agree with my experience.