Posted to alt.home.repair
James \Cubby\ Culbertson James \Cubby\ Culbertson is offline

Default taking care of tools

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in message
I've got to start taking better care of my tools. CLR got some lime or
whatever it was off of an electric stapler but my T=square is rusted
beyond help. It's a few decades old but when it was my dad's it was bright
and shiny. Is there an oil to put on things like saws clamps which seem to
be taking the worst from the desert weather here?
Thanks again,
: - )

I'm in the desert (NM) too and unless I leave something out and it rains,
stuff just doesn't rust. For my tools however, I do put on just plain ole
Johnson's paste wax. Mostly to keep things slick but it has prevented
rust the few times my tools got wet. For additional protection, you can
check into Boeshield T-9. Pricey but many say it's good stuff.
Cheers,
cc