Posted to rec.woodworking
Robatoy Robatoy is offline

Default HVLP sprayer what should I buy?

I'm not really talking to myself...no really..

But I thought this addendum might be helpful for those who want to do
a quality job without blowing big bucks.

This device:
is not as crappy as one would think. It is a great way to learn how to
paint. There is no fussing with syphon-fed guns and it is cheaper than
a decent gravity fed gun.

The hard part of spraying is to get the ratio paint/air right. With a
pot-fed system, it is much easier than with gravity or syphon set-up.
Gravity-fed is a bit easier than syphon.

I can vouch for this gun:
http://www.homedepot.com/prel80/HDUS...p?pn=100037831
it has worked for me as well as a much more expensive set-up.

As you can see. $ 130.00 US and you're all set including a spare HVLP
for stain and crap.

My guns last a long time because I am so anal about clean-up... right
to disassembling the things after use.

By no means am I a Home Depot fan, but I like that gun.
Now, with the cheap addition of a 2-qt pot, I can spray under things
and stand on my head.

Hopefully other wRECkers ( Mike Marlow please) can add to this and
offer us their views on pressurepot-feeding.