Posted to alt.home.repair
Donna Donna is offline

Default Dumb question?

Hammacher Schlemmer has a bamboo chair mat for exactly this purpose -
protecting hardwood from chair castors.
http://www.hammacher.com/publish/72065.asp?promo=xsells

I think they also sell it at Solutions and Amazon.com as well.

HTH,

Donna

"anthony" wrote in message
oups.com...
Okay, here goes. I have a chair with castors at my computer desk. I
like the freedom of moving around while seated..the problem? I have
laminated wooden floors, that are starting to show 'wear' at the desk
for all the moving I do. I happened to pass by a Loews and saw that
they had castor protectors along with the typical protectors for other
chairs and furniture. I tried to ask one of the employees and its not
like the TV ads where they seem to show an expert in various
areas...not where I live. Anyhow, I can see where it may keep dust and
dirt off the castors, but ...now here is the dumb question...are you
ready?...Obviously, i can't see one moving around freely as I have
been able to do up to now. so what real purpose do they serve...Oh
yes, feel free to call me stupid