Posted to uk.d-i-y
Graham Graham is offline

Default Microwave Turntable Stopped

"Rob" wrote in message
My 18 month old Panasonic microwave's turntable has stopped going round.
It's this model:

http://shop.panasonic.co.uk/invt/nna574sbbtq

Does anyone know if this is an easy repair, either by me (sort of OK at
pulling things apart) or a technician?

Thanks, Rob

Access to the TT motor on practically all modern microwaves is from the
underside.
You have to remove a round "knock-out" section, only you can't actually
knock
it out, you need to use a rat-tail file or even side-cutters. There are lugs
and a screw hole
provided for re-assembly just have a look underneath any microwave and you
will see
what I mean.
UNPLUG FIRST
Once you have got it open a couple of screws will remove the motor. On
Panasonics there is a spindle coupler that slips, so it may just be that.
Does the spindle rotate with the turntable removed?

--
Graham.
%Profound_observation%