Posted to alt.home.repair
Jim Yanik Jim Yanik is offline

Default taking care of tools

"AKA gray asphalt" wrote in
:

I've got to start taking better care of my tools. CLR got some lime or
whatever it was off of an electric stapler but my T=square is rusted
beyond help. It's a few decades old but when it was my dad's it was
bright and shiny. Is there an oil to put on things like saws clamps
which seem to be taking the worst from the desert weather here?
Thanks again,
: - )

Boeshield T-something(T-21? T-45?) is a spray on rust preventative.
Since your T-square may be used for marking bare wood,you don't want an oil
film on it,or it would affect any finish you put on later.

Desert weather should be dry and thus little rust.

--
Jim Yanik
jyanik