Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.security.alarms
Milhouse Van Houten Milhouse Van Houten is offline

Default Who has a security system and dialup?

mm wrote:

Hmmm. If it has shorting pins, does that mean all he has to do is to
unplug the phone wire from the jack and that will be the same as
bypassing the burglar alarm? That would be really easy.

I meant here that that's all the OP or his sister would have to do to
test her suspicion that the alarm was causing her low internet speeds.

Ahh.. Okay.

Yeah, unplugging the RJ cord at the panel will isolate the alarm from
the phones... But I suspect if the download speed dropped after the
alarm installation there is something up with the dialer wire, not so
much the panel. But that's a good first step that isn't hard to do.