Posted to alt.home.repair,sci.electronics.repair
badgolferman badgolferman is offline

Default Gas oven jamming garage door opener remotes???

Joy, 3/31/2007,10:21:54 PM, wrote:

Has anyone ever hear of something like this? Does it sound like
defective oven? How to fix???

My neighbor just had a set of new garage door openers installed. The
remotes didn't work. Installer couldn't figure it out. Gave up and
removed openers.

Second guy with different openers had same problem but finally traced
it to the Kitchen Aid Superba gas oven (NOT microwave) since
everything works fine once the oven is unplugged. I THINK the oven
is on a different circuit than the openers. It seems to be putting
out some frequency that is jamming the remotes. The oven does not
have to be on to jam, just plugged it. Installer says he's never
seen a problem like it.

What could cause an oven to do this???

Thanks for any comments or suggestions.

Joy

The only thing I can think of would be that the range's electronics are
so messed up that it is emitting much electrical noise into the house's
electrical wiring. Maybe the RF receiver of the garage door opener is
too sensitive to noise and can't decipher the signal from the remotes.