Paul Amaranth

Default Lathe moved

"Paul" wrote in message ...
Steve,
I have no idea how to do that. Metal Shims? Hints would be good.

Reno, Paul

There should be leveling screws in the base. Ideally, you should use
a precision level. Hard as it is to believe, the bed will twist and
bend if not properly leveled making it impossible to do high precision
work. It may only be 1 or 2 thous off, but that's a lot if you're
shooting for tenths.

Paul

"Steve Lusardi" wrote in message
No Paul,
The next step is making the lathe level and square. This is without doubt,
the most important step. Do it right.
Steve

"Paul" wrote in message
Well I moved the lathe to its final resting position yesterday. Using a
floor jack and a pry bar. Not too hard but probably not the safest way.
However, it is now resting where
it will stay. Looks good there. Next step cleaning....making phase
converter...tooling up (here comes the expense.)

Reno, Paul