Posted to uk.d-i-y
Lobster Lobster is offline

Default Microwave Turntable Stopped

Rob wrote:
My 18 month old Panasonic microwave's turntable has stopped going round.

Our old microwave had the same problem a few years ago: the problem was
by some silly sod (ahem) trying to defrost a quart of milk overnight on
a programmed defrost which incorporated 2 hours on 'rest' -
unfortunately it was actually 2 hours on full whack, and the ensuing
flood of milk inside the machine's innards tripped the MCB and meant our
radio alarm didn't go off next morning and we... anyway I digress.

With ours I was able to buy a new motor from the manufacturer's parts
supplier fairly reasonably, and it was just a case of a couple of bolts
holding it in place once I'd got the lid off the machine. I wouldn't
play about with anything associated with the microwave zapper or
whatever, but it was pretty simply and innocuous to repair the motor in
mine.

David