Posted to uk.d-i-y
Bob Eager Bob Eager is offline

Default Noisy (Torbeck valve) cistern

On Sat, 31 Mar 2007 16:55:51 UTC, Lobster
wrote:

We have one toilet cistern which is terribly noisy to fill - you hear it
throughout the whole house and it would wake the dead at night-time - so
after n years, SWMBO has decided that Something Must Be Done (she's
now threatening to go to B&Q and just buy a whole new loo for me to fit).

ISTR the problem dates back to when we changed our DHW to a sealed,
mains pressure system throughout the house about 6 years ago. Can't
recall all the details now but I do remember changing the cistern valve
for a Torbeck job - I think that might have been because of noise but
can't remember.

You *did* fit the flow restrictor if you have high-ish pressure, didn't
you?

Or has the polythene tube rotted/come off?
http://www.diybanter.com