Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Who has a security system and dialup?

On Mar 31, 2:30 am, Ron Hardin wrote:
The more PC's you have plugged into the phone, the slower the speed ;
I imagine it's the same for anything that doesn't have a mechanical
switch to disconnect the line when it's not in use.

If you have an outdoor customer jack (that some phone companies put
out there so you can diagnose whether your phone troubles are indoor,
and your responsibility, or outdoor, and their responsibility), plug
the PC into that directly and see what speed you get.

--
Ron Hardin

What? Someone is still using dial up? If I had to put up with
20-40K baud, I'd have shot myself a long time ago!