Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Verizon DSL Filters ?

On Mar 30, 8:41�pm, "Jeff" wrote:
They are low pass filters and block the higher frequency signals for DSL.
Take one off and you will hear a hiss on the phone. *Without them the DSL
signal is weaker since some of it is going into the phone.

"Robert11" wrote in message

news

Hello:

Regarding those Verizon DSL filters that are supposed to be installed at
each phone jack.

No problem putting them in place, but was curious about just what they are
filtering.

Are they high pass or low pass filters ?

What gets through ?
The phone ring and the conversation I guess, but not the digital (high)
frequencies ?

What is the effect if you don't have one in place ?

B.- Hide quoted text -

better operation if you install a single filter at the NID or just
indoors with a single line for the computer.

My speeds improved a LOT with the central filter and less junk on
phones you no longer need filters at each phone