Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture
Michael Bulatovich Michael Bulatovich is offline

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

" wrote in message
oups.com...

So is your post.
Move along.

\

Actually, I'm the OP on this thread. So any more relevant feedback on
the topic would be appreciated.

Maturity level in these forums is....less than stellar.

You get what you pay for. A strange guy walks into a bar, and asks a bunch
of regulars, who are immersed in a really intense game of bar-top coaster
shuffleboard, a really mundane, self-interested question. One thing leads to
another, and the regulars start to talk about whatever comes to mind as the
game wears on. The strange guy complains that they aren't paying enough
attention to his mundane, self-interested question. He insists that they
break up their game and give him free advice. Some of the regulars tell him
to take a hike. He calls them all immature. That's where we are after two
periods of play.

This reminds me of my intern days at a medium sized firm where a bunch of
schoolmates and I used to work. The interns were on one side of a low wall
drawing on mylar or vellum near beautiful window overlooking an urban back
alley. On the other side the techs were drawing on computers who perennially
tried to have the blinds drawn. The techs thought that the interns were
immature because things would get heated sometimes, and have to resort to
rubber-band warfare. (The big fat ones.) American Standard bathroom
templates were cleverly adapted as face protection during the intense mano a
mano parts. After tending to the wounded and burying the dead, we'd get back
to work for the man who paid us all.

--

MichaelB
www.michaelbulatovich.ca