Posted to rec.woodworking
Mike Marlow Mike Marlow is offline

Default DeVilbiss spray gun

"Nirodac" wrote in message
.74...
" wrote in
oups.com:

Cleaned it several times now, once after reading this post. Same thing
no change. Still bubbling air into the fluid pot.

You've got my attention with this comment. I think both Robert and I
assumed this gun was being used in a syphone set up and not in a pressure
setup. Touchup guns are really best suited for small work and most times
don't warrant a pressure setup. If you're using a pressure setup then
you've got to go back to step one. You've got an entire system to look at
for cleanliness, proper functioning, etc. If you're not delivering both air
and fluid to the spray head then you've got to look further back in the
pressure chain. How is your pot? (I know that one is going to open
Pandora's box...). If indeed you are using a pressure setup, then throw
your cup on and the suction aircap, and see how it draws in suction. Any
difference?

Maybe you should take a stab at clearing this point of confusion up for us.

But let's go back to basics here for a second... When you trigger the gun,
can you feel that you are delivering air out through the fluid tip at a
partial trigger pull? When you regulate both the air control and the fan
control, do you feel a difference in what the gun is doing when you put your
hand in front of the tip?

--

-Mike-