Posted to sci.electronics.repair
[email protected] zirconx9@yahoo.com is offline

Default tool for stripping wires without cutting them?

I ended up getting this one from Radio Shack:
http://rsk.imageg.net/graphics/produ...160702w345.jpg
For $12.99. It was a piece of junk, it felt like it was going to fall
apart. I didn't even test it out, I just took it back.

Then I bought a different brand from Menards (home improvement store),
where you don't have to choose what size wire you are stripping, for
$15

And one of these (the kind where you must select the right hole for
your size of wire) for $25:
http://www.homedepot.com/cmc_upload/...50452620_4.jpg

I tried them both. The $25 set (the only one made in the USA) works
great. I'll be keeping that one.

It does strip wire in the middle, but not perfectly. But it will be
much easier than manually trying to cut without damaging any strands.
I'll still have to make a laterall cut manually.

Thanks for all the input.