Posted to sci.electronics.repair
David Brodbeck David Brodbeck is offline

Default tool for stripping wires without cutting them?

Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
And 90% of aftermarket alarms are a problem within a few years. ;-)

90% of aftermarket alarms are apparently installed with the noise- and
vibration-detectors turned all the way up, presumably so the person
buying them will feel like they got something for their money. The
result is continual false alarms.

I don't know why anyone buys an alarm system anymore. After years of
getting a 3 am alarm serenade I have to say my first reaction upon
hearing a car alarm is *not* that someone must be stealing the car.
Someone needs to invent an EMP gun that can take these little
noisemakers out at fifty paces.