Posted to uk.d-i-y
ARWadsworth ARWadsworth is offline

Default Getting rid of Creosote smell

"Owain" wrote in message
ARWadsworth wrote:
I tried to soak some wood in buckets of creosote substiute in the spare
bedroom for a day before fitting them. The shed was full, I have no
garage and it was raining.
It seemed a good idea at the time.
Without going into details the fact is some was spilt on the floor by
someone else. The spare bedroom has no carpet and now the kitchen below
and the spare bedroom smell. Any ideas how to speed up the drying
process.

Deodorising cat litter. Lots of it, over/inside everything that was spilt.

Owain

I have 8 bags of that in the shed, one of the reasons I had to use the
bedroom to soak the posts.

I am throwing the cat litter down 5 minutes from now.

Adam