Posted to sci.electronics.repair
jakdedert jakdedert is offline

Default Repairman's knot

John E. wrote:
http://www.nbndesign.com/stuff/Wirew...lt_320x240.jpg

http://www.nbndesign.com/stuff/Wirew...rn_320x240.jpg

http://www.nbndesign.com/stuff/Wirew...ace_320x240.jp

http://www.nbndesign.com/stuff/Wirew...ru_320x240.jpg

http://www.nbndesign.com/stuff/Wirew...er_320x240.jpg

http://www.nbndesign.com/stuff/Wirew...me_320x240.jpg

Thanks so much for posting for the general public. I see it's a slight --
better -- modification on the technique I've used. I like the "push the loop
through" at the end rather than "push the plug through". In USA the plugs are
smaller, but still I like your method.

Thanks again,

That's the one I use as well, both for wrapping power cords and for
compact storage of many types of cables. It makes it simple to merely
grab both ends of the cord and just pull, in order to unwrap.

Lately, for certain cables that get wrapped and unwrapped frequently,
I've taken to doubling the cord back on itself, as many times as is
convenient, and tying a simple overhand knot in the entire loop. Much
quicker than the above, and doesn't leave that springy coil at the end.

jak