Posted to uk.d-i-y
Chris J Dixon Chris J Dixon is offline

Default Getting rid of Creosote smell

John wrote:

"ARWadsworth" wrote in message
k...
I tried to soak some wood in buckets of creosote substiute in the spare
bedroom for a day before fitting them. The shed was full, I have no garage
and it was raining.

It seemed a good idea at the time.

Without going into details the fact is some was spilt on the floor by
someone else. The spare bedroom has no carpet and now the kitchen below
and the spare bedroom smell. Any ideas how to speed up the drying process.
I have thought about hair dryers or fan heaters with lots of ventilation.
The kitchen ceiling is no problem as it is due to come down this year
anyway so I can remove some plasterboard now.

Adam

I could come round and just sniff it up. I absolutely adore the smell of
creosote About 38 years ago we used to sneak into the groundsman's shed at
school for a sniff of the stuff )

Second only to fresh tarmac ;-)

Chris
--