Wayne Cook

Default What are the aluminum repair welding rods ...

On Tue, 09 Mar 2004 13:52:08 -0600, Richard J Kinch
wrote:

Don Foreman writes:

If you mean joining or repairing aluminum tubing in AC systems, there
is a much better product specifically designed for that: ESAB or
Allstate #31 rod with #31 flux.

Is this what you mean?

http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...mId=1611760403
http://www.grainger.com/Grainger/pro...mId=1611760431

Yep those are the ones and I can second the amazing things you can
do with these rods. I've repair a car condenser which had aluminum
tube that was about 22-24 gauge thick with this stuff. It's the best
thing since sliced bread IMHO.

BTW those rods are made by ESAB so you might manage to get your
local welding supply to order them cheaper than from Grainger.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX
http://members.dslextreme.com/users/waynecook