Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture
Michael Bulatovich Michael Bulatovich is offline

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

"3D Peruna" wrote in message
Don wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote
I wouldn't seal someone else's work either as most states require that
the work be completed by you or under your direct control.

What does *direct control* mean?

I used to work at a place that had a base office and 2 satellite offices.
An architect in the base would seal drawings prepared in a satellite.
If that is direct control, then what isn't?

Technically, in my state, it's not "direct control" if the architect that
seals the drawings is not close enough to the person producing the
drawings to look over their shoulder and say "hey...that's not right. Do
it like this..." Your example wouldn't cut it... except if it worked
like this...the satellite office drafted the plans, the architect reviewed
them, then sent back the required revisions and then reviewed and approved
the final plans (essentially, the satellite office is just a drafting
office). If the satellite office did everything, but the architect was
expected to just seal them, then it wouldn't be kosher.

That used to be the case here, but now it's "responsible control" and can be
done at a distance if you've taken precautions.