Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture
Don Don is offline

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

"3D Peruna" wrote
Don wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote
I wouldn't seal someone else's work either as most states require that
the work be completed by you or under your direct control.

What does *direct control* mean?

I used to work at a place that had a base office and 2 satellite offices.
An architect in the base would seal drawings prepared in a satellite.
If that is direct control, then what isn't?

Technically, in my state, it's not "direct control" if the architect that
seals the drawings is not close enough to the person producing the
drawings to look over their shoulder and say "hey...that's not right. Do
it like this..." Your example wouldn't cut it... except if it worked
like this...the satellite office drafted the plans, the architect reviewed
them, then sent back the required revisions and then reviewed and approved
the final plans (essentially, the satellite office is just a drafting
office). If the satellite office did everything, but the architect was
expected to just seal them, then it wouldn't be kosher.

Its a muddy line at best.
I suspect anything goes, until something goes wrong or someone gets caught.
That company had 3 architects in the satellite office I worked in and none
of them could seal plans, there were'nt associates.
All 30 of the associate architects worked in the base office 175 miles away.
The 3 architects on site would make redline drawings on trash all day long
that I would hardline on crystal then when the project was complete it was
fedex'd to the base for printing and sealing.
That company did it all, schools, jails, airports, stadiums, hospitals,
interstate highways, bridges, etc.
It was a cool place to work, I did alot of learnin' there.