Posted to alt.home.repair,alt.building.construction,alt.architecture
3D Peruna 3D Peruna is offline

Default How Long to Tape / Mud / Sand Drywall ?

Don wrote:
"Matt Whiting" wrote
I wouldn't seal someone else's work either as most states require that the
work be completed by you or under your direct control.

What does *direct control* mean?

I used to work at a place that had a base office and 2 satellite offices.
An architect in the base would seal drawings prepared in a satellite.
If that is direct control, then what isn't?

Technically, in my state, it's not "direct control" if the architect
that seals the drawings is not close enough to the person producing the
drawings to look over their shoulder and say "hey...that's not right.
Do it like this..." Your example wouldn't cut it... except if it
worked like this...the satellite office drafted the plans, the architect
reviewed them, then sent back the required revisions and then reviewed
and approved the final plans (essentially, the satellite office is just
a drafting office). If the satellite office did everything, but the
architect was expected to just seal them, then it wouldn't be kosher.