Posted to rec.woodworking
Nirodac Nirodac is offline

Default DeVilbiss spray gun

HELP!!!!!
OK, now I'm stuck.
DeVilbiss Model EGA touchup spray gun.
Sprayed primer, everything worked great.
Cleaned spray gun with "gun wash" (laquer thinner). Gun was disassembled
for the cleaning. No indication of any primer was visiable anywhere on the
gun.
Reassembled gun.
The next day I went to spray the top coat, and all I got was the spray gun
back feeding into the paint cup.
The gun, when the trigger was depressed, pumped air into the paint cup,
instead of sucking the paint out of the cup and spraying it onto the item.
I have disassembled and reassembled this gun about 6 times, even left it
soaking in "gun wash" over night (only the metal parts). Still it only
blows back into the cup.
I've been trying to spray water, rather than paint, until I can get this
problem fixed. Varing the airpressure makes no differance.
This gun is so clean, you can see your reflection in the aluminum.

Ray