Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Jamie Jamie is offline

Default tool for stripping wires without cutting them?

Michael Kennedy wrote:

wrote in message
oups.com...

I plan to install a remote starter in my car. I'd like to buy a tool
to strip the wires, if its not too expensive. I have a set of plier-
like ones, where you insert the wire into the correct slot, squeeze
the handles, then pull the wire through, shedding the insulation.

But that is only for stripping the ends of wires. I'd like to be able
to strip wires 'inline', without cutting them. Is that what an
automatic stripper does? Like
http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...ductId=2062786
or

Or is there another tool? Thanks.

I use linemans plyers / dikes, but lots of people can't strip wire with
them.. They are my favorite tool for stripping wire.

http://cgi.ebay.com/vintage-KLEIN-SO...QQcmdZViewItem

There you go, cheapest cutters and the most handy..
I have auto strippers and never use them. I can strip must faster
with those simple ones.

http://www.amazon.com/Parts-Express-...129132&sr=1-16

Real Programmers Do things like this.
http://webpages.charter.net/jamie_5