Posted to sci.electronics.repair

Default tool for stripping wires without cutting them?

In article ,
Anthony Fremont wrote:
Dave Plowman (News) wrote:
In article ,
Arfa Daily wrote:
That's exactly the item that I was going to suggest as well. They are
made for the job of in-line splicing, and do it very well.

And look like the bodge they are. ;-) You'll not find them used on a
maker's harness.

Do you think that stripping an inch of insulation in the middle of a run
is a better way to go? If so, you'll not be doing any wiring on my
car. ;-) Short of soldering, I can't think of anything more reliable
than IDC type crimp-ons. They're used all over the place in critcal
applications. e.g. computer data cables, network and telephone
industry etc. Auto makers use plenty of crimp-on pins too. :-)

But they're not a crimp. Proper crimped connections are fine.

--
*I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.