Posted to alt.home.repair
[email protected] wacNTN@yahoo.com is offline

Default old briggs and stratton engine model number

On Mar 27, 10:32 pm, "Steve Barker"
wrote:
Look at the flywheel cover right where it meets the spark plug. I believe
they used to be right there on top.

--
Steve Barker

YOU should be the one
controlling YOUR car.
Check out:www.lightsout.org

wrote in message

oups.com...

I have a 1940-1960 era 3 to 3.5 hp horizontal shaft B&S engine. It
doesn't have any model / type markings anywhere on it. No label and
nothing stamped in the flywheel cover. It's original color is a
brown/bronze. I need the model number to get a replacement plunger
for the ignition system. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Walter- Hide quoted text -

That's where it should be but there's nothing there - printed,
stamped, etc. I have seen some in shops that have it stamped in the
metal but this one is smooth and doesn't appear to have had a label
there.

Is there any other way to determine what model it is? The B&S web
site has a guide but it really hard to use. It wants the displacement
vs. horsepower, color of the engine, year made, etc. If I knew all
this, I wouldn't need the model number!

Walter