Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Homer J Simpson Homer J Simpson is offline

Default tool for stripping wires without cutting them?

wrote in message
oups.com...

I plan to install a remote starter in my car. I'd like to buy a tool
to strip the wires, if its not too expensive. I have a set of plier-
like ones, where you insert the wire into the correct slot, squeeze
the handles, then pull the wire through, shedding the insulation.

But that is only for stripping the ends of wires. I'd like to be able
to strip wires 'inline', without cutting them. Is that what an
automatic stripper does? Like

You can buy those in dollar stores.

Or is there another tool? Thanks.

Most of us use a pocket knife - carefully, so as to not nick the wire.