Posted to uk.d-i-y
dennis@home dennis@home is offline

Default Hard Disk crash - rebuild with vista?

"Nick Leverton" wrote in message
In article ,
dkh wrote:

Lol
I appreciate the sentiments (already have 2 debian linux pcs in the
house) but i need to have a windows pc for other non linux stuff and i
need to have microsoft office etc (ive tried the linux versions and they
dont support the advanced features of word for eg)

'Scuse the late followup, but there's a commercial version of WINE
called Crossover, which runs M$ Office and Internet Exploder perfectly
(I'm assured by others who need such things).
http://www.codeweavers.com/products/

Download the free trial, if it works for you then pay the modest price
and spend the rest of the money you would have spent on another Wodniws
licence on beer/gadgets/powertools etc. Usual disclaimer.

If it uses WINE which is GPL then doesn't that mean cross-over must also be
GPL.
Ask them for the source and compile it for free.
If its GPL they have to make the source freely available.