Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Fingertip or foot pedal tig?

In article , Luds
wrote:

Ernie Leimkuhler wrote in message
In article , Luds
wrote:

Does anyone have a recommendation to learn TIG welding with fingertip
or foot pedal control? Planning on buying the Miller Dynasty 200DX,
but need to determine to buy fingertip or foot pedal control.

Thanks!

Start with the footpedal.
It is a bit easier to learn with, and is very useful for bench work.
It can be used to trigger the sequencer as well, but is not so good for
"out of position" welding, such as when your head is jammed under a car
while you repair an exhaust pipe.

The Dynasty 200DX comes with a sequencer built in.
To best use this you will eventually want a simple button contactor.
Not a slider or roller amptrol, just a button.
The button is used to trigger the sequencer.
First tap starts the sequence, second tap stops the sequence.

You can build your own one-button contactor for about $30.

I have them on all my torches, both for my Mastar 200DX Inverter and my
Syncrowave 250DX.

Sequencers make sheet metal seams much easier.

I'll have to read up on the sequencer. Is this feature built-in to any
of the tourch add-ons? How did you build your one-button contactor?

Thanks,

Luds

I went to a welding repair shop and bought a standard replacement
button for plasma cutter torches, for $15.
It is a small low profile rubber armored button.
I then went to a electronics supplier and bought the correct Amphenol
connector for my Miller , for $15.
All I needed then was 25 feet of shielded 2 conductor wire, about $2.

The wire and switch need to be insulated because of the high frequency
leakage along the power cable.
If you don't insulate the wire and switch you can get a nasty shock off
the button.