Posted to alt.home.repair
w_tom w_tom is offline

Default Adding electrical service to basement

On Mar 27, 9:03 pm, wrote:
http://www.amazon.com/Royal-Sovereig...se-Conditioner...
That is the AC unit I hope will keep things cool. The main room is
35'x17', and that unit draws about 9A. When I finish the rest of the
basement I intend to go with central heat/AC. There will be other
people in the house, and they could very well be cooking/cleaning/
doing laundry.

100 amps of computers is about 40,000 BTU of heat. How does a 9000
BTU air conditioner remove 40,000 BTU of computer heat, plus 30
people, plus the normal room cooling? Size of the room is completely
irrelevant to the calculations. But then if you room is generating
heat from 100 amps and removed by an air conditioner of only 9 amps,
well, even those numbers are impossible.