Ernie Leimkuhler

Default Fingertip or foot pedal tig?

In article , Luds
wrote:

Thank you for the replies!

May I also ask opinion on recommended setup? I need something
portable, and I am looking at the below setup for welding sheetmetal
to repair auto body/parts and would like to build a aluminum bicycle
frame:

Miller Dynasty 200DX

Miller Contractor Kit
Protective Case with carrying handle, DB1725R (25 ft) TIG torch,
RFCS-14 HD foot control, International Style Torch Adapters,
Regulator/Flowmeter, 200A Electrode Holder with 15 ft cable, 300A Work
Clamp with 15 ft cable, 12 ft Gas Hose, AK-2 Torch accessory kit, Gas
hose coupler.

40cu ft tank w/ Argon (Rent or buy???)

Tungsten electrodes

Tig welding gloves? I have thick gloves for arc welding... Also have
auto darkening helmet.

Thanks,

Luds

For what you want to do I feel the Thermal Arc Prowave 185TSW is the
better machine, and is about $1000 cheaper than the Miller Dynasty
200DX.

The Thermal arc machine comes complete ready to go.
The Miller machine requires you to pay an additional amount for the
contractor kit.

$1700 versus $2700.

Listen I love Miller machines.
I have owned a series of them, and have 2 now, but...the Thermal Arc
Prowave 185TSW is just too good of a deal to pass up.
It does most of what the Dynasty does, and only penalizes you 15 amps
at the top end.

The one really good reason to buy the Dynasty is if you intend to do a
lot of field welding in different locations and need to be able to
operate off of any power available.

That is the main reason I love my Miller Maxstar 200DX and have for 3
years now.
I do a lot of field work, and I never know what voltage will be
available.
Miller's Autoline technology doesn't care.
As long as the power is somewhere between 100 and 500 volts, single or
3 phase, it works.