Posted to alt.home.repair

Default Adding electrical service to basement

wrote in message
ups.com...
I'll have to look and see how much room is in my existing panel (not
much if I remember right (4 or 6 slots at the bottom).

So it doesn't matter that 30 computers running at the same time will
be using 75-150A by themselves? (my computer is using 2.5A idle, and
3.4A when playing games (550watt Power supply) and some of the people
that will be gaming with me have beefier hardware (750-1000watt power
supplies and dual video cards so 4A idle, 6-7A while playing)). Thank
goodness for LCD monitors and their lower power requirements.

I don't know if you have taken air conditioning into consideration for the
basement gameroom. 30 computers with 30 people is a lot of heat and
depending on that A/C load a service upgrade may be in order. While all of
this gaming is going on will there be other activities or occupants in the
rest of the house? That could be a factor when determining if you need a
service upgrade.