Martin H. Eastburn

Default What are the aluminum repair welding rods ...

Artemia Salina wrote:
On Sun, 07 Mar 2004 22:19:36 -0500, Refinish King wrote:

I'd love to get my hands on what I've heard referred to as; "Green Sand"
sand and oil mixture for casting?

Green sand generally refers to foundry sand mixtures that are water based.
The sand and oil (and proprietary resin) mixture is marketed as Petro-Bond.

This place carries it:

http://www.budgetcastingsupply.com/J...ndry_Sand.html

a 25 lb. sack goes for just under $50, shipping included.

I have some from this place - nice place and very nice man that runs it -
works fine - functional.

The resin flows under temp and makes a smooth surface.

Martin

--
Martin Eastburn, Barbara Eastburn
@ home at Lion's Lair with our computer