Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Arfa Daily Arfa Daily is offline

Default Repairman's knot

"N Cook" wrote in message
Arfa Daily wrote in message

"N Cook" wrote in message

Dave Plowman (News) wrote in message
In article ,
N Cook wrote:
Not that one. For storing or just shelving unused equipment , so the
mains cable was not trailling about and no need for ties of any
sort.
All the cable is taken up into the hank/knot leaving just the mains
plug
exposed and all tight up against the back of the chassis.

Ah - know what you mean now. Those old enough to remember rope washing
lines will remember they came like that too.

But plastic cable ties weren't around then. ;-)

--
*We are born naked, wet, and hungry. Then things get worse.

Dave Plowman London SW
To e-mail, change noise into sound.

The person who showed me was ex-services WW2 or 1950s sparky.
Yes really tight just like how plastic covered , corded washing lines
arrive
packed, but with the plug and "noose" spiralling taken right up to the
cable
entry point and not even any obvious starting point to undo it, let

alone
being so tight. I remember the final move was really forcing a final

loop
over or something.

--
Diverse Devices, Southampton, England

I've sent you some pictures of a wrap in progress. I have sent them to
the
same mail address that you post to this group from. If you don't get
them,
mail me with a different address.

Arfa

A first time for everything. Worked out how to access the email bit of
gazeta.pl, pointless looking at spam otherwise.
If it was you who uploaded 9M byte of file/s there it/they will be staying
there, no broadband here.

That's a pity as the pictures showed exactly what you were asking. Just as a
matter of interest, if you are involved in commercial repairs, as you appear
to be from your postings, how on earth do you get by in this day and age of
service info only being available on-line in a majority of cases, without a
broadband connection ?? With a dialup connection to the internet, you are
walking with dinosaurs, as they say on the BBC ...

Arfa