Posted to sci.electronics.repair
Geoffrey S. Mendelson Geoffrey S. Mendelson is offline

Default Repairman's knot

Ron(UK) wrote:
If the OP meant to tie up the mains cable when transporting an item of
equipment, say a vcr or tv, then the usual way is to coil a good portion
of the cable closest to the appliance, then squeeze the coils together
and wind the rest of the cable around that so that it resembles a
hangmans noose. Then the outer loop of one coil is passed over the plug
top to secure it.

That's the easiest way. I found that for items I do this with often,
such as a laptop power cord, the best thing are nylon strips with velcro
on them sold for lacing computer cables.

Geoff.
IL Voice: (07)-7424-1667 Fax ONLY: 972-2-648-1443 U.S. Voice: 1-215-821-1838
Visit my 'blog at
http://geoffstechno.livejournal.com/