Posted to rec.woodworking
Steve Turner Steve Turner is offline

Default Dynabrade sanders - non vac, self vac, or external vac?

Tom Plamann wrote:
Steve

I have a couple of the 'self vac' Dynabrade 5", and they work great. The
hose doesn't seem to get in my way.
And yes, once you use a Dynabrade, you will never go back to an electric
sander.

Tom Plamann

Well hot dang, if it's good enough for Tom Plamann then I'm sure it'll
be good enough for me! :-)

I don't really relish the idea of lugging along the shop vac every time
I want to fire up the sander, and that self vac system looks nice and
lightweight. I guess I was wondering if that system might rob any
appreciable amount of air or horse power from the main task at hand, but
you didn't mention that so perhaps not.

Have you tried both the "Spirit" and "Supreme" models and can you
comment on the weight difference? Some of the stuff I do has me
standing on my head and reaching up and around at crazy angles, and the
weight of those electric sanders is a killer.

--
See Nad. See Nad go. Go Nad!
To reply, eat the taco.