Posted to uk.d-i-y
[email protected] jon.p.weaver@alcatel.co.uk is offline

Default BSP adaptor for an Air Bottle?

wouldn't get enough volume airflow out of it to drive an
air tool.

If you use a dive bottle anywhere around its design pressure, you need
to design a HP air system. You're on your own there!

I think that you completely missed my point.. My compressor holds 100L
at 8 bar.. I know from experinece that even a 25L will hold enough air
to do a fair amount of work between charges.

My idea is simply to charge a dive cylinder to 8bar so that I have a
VERY small amount of air, which is mobile.. I realise that I am not
going to get much out of it, but figured that for my needs (i.e a few
second of puff, or an odd staple) it might work.

I realise that a Dive Cylinder is high pressure (232 or 300bar to be
exact), and thats why its got a very tiny hold in the value... .But I
am simply talking about using it for an 8 bar application!

I have actually taken the valve out and now have an threaded opening
in the top of the cylinder which is approx 7/10" wide.

As I said, I am not expecting much. 1/2L of air at 8 bar is going to
give me almost nothing.. But it should be enough for what I want. As I
said i am not expecting to hget hours of air.. Nor even minutes or
perhaps even seconds.. But I should simply be able to blow something
out of it.

Jon